Marc S. Dorman
Pikesville Personal Injury Attorney
Call Today (410) 205-1275
Menu / Navigate

Playground injuries are a real danger to children in Maryland

Every parent's worst nightmare is to find out that his or her child has been injured or even killed in an accident. In some cases, this happens in the last place that you would expect. For example, did you know that an average of 17 children lose their lives each year while they are simply playing on playgrounds?

On top of that, there are serious injuries that take place that do not result in death. The majority -- about 90 percent, according to estimates -- of the injuries are not very significant, but that still leaves 10 percent that can lead to pain and suffering, high medical bills and even permanent disabilities or disfigurements.

One of the issues according to some is that playgrounds are not always designed before they are even constructed to be as a safe as possible. It is simply not always the top priority.

Another issue is that children may not be supervised well enough. In about 40 percent of the reported injury cases, in fact, the lack of supervision was noted. When you send your child to school, you expect the school to take care of him or her in physical education classes, during breaks and recess periods and at all other times. However, this statistic shows that there are many cases in which the schools are not holding up their end of the bargain for one reason or another.

If your child has been injured, the emotional toll that it can take on you as a parent is very high, and the medical bills may just add insult to injury. To learn more about the rights you may have to compensation in Maryland, please check out our webpage on personal injury today.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Contact

Marc S. Dorman
1777 Reisterstown Road Suite 270
Baltimore, MD 21208

Phone: 410-205-1275
Fax: 410-484-8120
Map & Directions

Contact The Firm

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information
disclaimer.

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

close

Privacy Policy

Back to Top
Review Us